Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Snap Crackle and Pop! James - She's A Star

I've decided that on wednesdays I'm going to do Snap Crackle and Pop! posts, it's just an excuse for me to share my sometimes dreadful music taste with you, I love reading about the music other people love and I've added so many songs to my music collection thanks to blogs, so hopefully if you like music you'll enjoy these posts too.

After the last song I shared (read the post here) I thought I'd spare you more of the same, and share a song from my favorite band James.

Now depending on your age and where you live you'll either know James or you won't, James have been around since the early 80's and are still going strong today, in the UK their biggest hit was Sit Down, in the US they're known for Laid which was used in the American Pie films, and in places like Portugal Getting Away With It was a hit.

http://991.com/newGallery/James-Shes-A-Star-80456.jpg 

I've been a fan since 1991 and have seen them on tour so many times, they are seriously the best live band I've ever seen, if they're touring near you go see them, you really won't regret it. So the song I'm gonna share with you is She's A Star, it was the lead single from the Whiplash album in 1997.
When this single came out I loved it so much, and was a little annoyed that part of the song was copied and used on Natalie Imbruglia's single Torn which went on to be the bigger hit, but I have a soft spot for Natalie's music so I'll forgive her.

Here's the video for the single, not the best quality, but the best I could find.


I love the singer Tim Booth's dancing, and I love his lyrics, in fact I love the whole band, they're all so talented, and are really lovely guys, one of them even put me on the guest list for a gig when I met him and told him I couldn't afford a ticket, how nice is that!

As a bonus I'm going to include a video from their last tour, they toured with the Orchestra of the Swan and the Manchester Consort Choir, and re-worked their songs to fit the orchestra, it really was amazing and I was really lucky to have front row seats when I went. The video below is from the Royal Albert Hall, London on 4th November 2011.


Well that's it for today, I hope you've enjoyed this post and the music contained within it.

Cheerio for now,

Heather. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment