Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Vintage Vault - Rimmel - Time Out

Hey, before I start today's post, I just want to say that I think the google blog reader is going to end very soon, so any of us using it will need to find new ways to follow our favorite blogs, I'm now using bloglovin' and I've added a link on the right of my blog so you can follow this blog using bloglovin' if you like. :-)
 
Today's polish is one of my many old Rimmels, I love the old ones in their rounded bottles, they just look so cute, especially the 8ml sized ones.

I don't know why Rimmel's new polishes are 90% cremes these days, I mean, have cremes in the range by all means, but throw something else in the mix. They have launched four duochromes and three glass flecks, but they're not part of the core range, when I look at the old core range polishes Rimmel kicked ass with those ones, duochromes and plenty of funky shimmer all round. I think they're getting better but maybe they should add a little spice to their next core collection.

Anyway, today's Rimmel is from the 60 Seconds Vinyl Shine Range and is called Time Out and I have no idea when this one came out.









Most of my old Rimmels are thick and gloopy, but this one wasn't, it was easy to apply and I needed just two coats, although looking at my photos three might've been better, it's a bit thin by my cuticles but it didn't show in real life. The colour is wonderful, a lovely deep purple that's got pink and blue shimmer/microglitter running through it, which gives the polish that something special.

Do you have any favorite old Rimmels and do you prefer the old rounded bottles or the new ones?

Cheerio for now,

Heather. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment