Tuesday, July 31, 2012

London 2012 Olympics Part 1 - Rings Inspired Manicure

I love the Olympics, I watch both the summer and winter Olympics, there's something about the whole thing that's just so inspiring. I hate the fact that as humans we destroy one another just because we are different from each other (or for greed) so when I see people from all around the world standing side by side, united for the same event it fills me will joy.

As well as seeing atheletes from the four corners of the world, I adore the opening ceremony, the first one I ever saw was the Los Angeles 1986 games, I was 10 and I remember being spellbound by the part when the audience used the cards they were given to create a giant moving mosaic, and I will never forget the guy with the rocket jet pack who flew into the stadium. From that year on I was hooked and I always look forward to the unique show each host country creates.

This year my home country is hosting it, I can't tell you how incredibly proud I am that we get to welcome the world to our shores, I hope everyone has a wonderful time while they're here. Anyway, I was of course really looking forward to it, and it didn't disappoint, as well as the lighting of the cauldron which was so beautiful, this part has to be one of my favorite parts of the show.


I laughed my socks off when I saw the queen doing a James Bond spoof, I thought it was inspired and couldn't believe she went along with it. I have always wanted to go to an Olympic opening ceremony, I tried to get a ticket but didn't get one, maybe I'll get to go to Rio in four years instead, now that will be a party. :-)

Anyway, to celebrate the opening of the Olympics I decided to try something new on my nails. I've not really done much nail art stuff, I'm still learning how to not paint my fingers when I'm painting my nails, so compared to some of the amazing nail art I've seen ( and you've no doubt seen) I'm really not very good, but for me this was a pretty good effort. :-)


I wanted to use the colours of the Olympic rings, I thought about doing spots, but I didn't have anything I could use to make good spots with, so I went for stripes, although it took quite a while to do. I used thin strips of tape to help with the lines, it worked out okay, although my lines are a bit wonky but I'm still pleased with how it looked. I took the photo after a few days of wear so it's pretty chipped, but I'm posting it anyway. :-)

It was fun to do and wear, so I think I will try to do more nail art stuff in the future, hopefully I'll get better at it. Have you painted your nail with a special design for the Olympics, and if you have I'd love to know about it.

Cheerio for now,

Heather. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment