Sunday, August 12, 2012

London 2012 Olympics Part 3 - Day time at the Olympic Park

The other week I told you about going to see an Olympic football match in my home city, well, today I'm going to share my Olympic Park adventure. I'm going to have three parts to this, one about the day time at the Olympic Park, one about the event I went to see, and another about the Park at night.

Having watched the Olympics everyday and all day since it started I couldn't wait to go to the Olympic Park myself.

When the tickets went on sale, I managed to get a ticket to one of my favorite Olympic Sports which is Synchronised Swimming on the 10th August. Being skint I wasn't sure if I could afford the travel, but luckily I managed to get super cheap coach tickets just 5 days before, and it really helped that a London tube ticket for the day was included with the ticket, so my day out didn't cost me much at all.

The day before I painted my nails, after learning how to paint Union Jacks for the football match I decided all my nails would be turned into little flags, it wasn't perfect, but I was really pleased with how it turned out.






My event wasn't until 3pm but I made sure I got there nice and early so I could take in the sights at the Olympic Park. My trip down was nice and easy, the weather was lovely although it was probably a little too hot for me.

I couldn't help but take plenty of photos during the day, and I thought it would be nice to share them rather than waffle on about how hot it was! :-) So here's some photos I took of the Olympic Park throughout the day, I hope you enjoy them.
On my way to the Olympic Park.
A view from a bridge outside the Olympic Park.
Heading towards the entrance of the Olympic Park which wasn't nearly as busy as I thought it'd be.
Inside the park and I got my first proper view of the Athletics Stadium.

My first view of Anish Kapoors Orbit Tower

This is the view from the Aquatics Centre.


I was glad I arrived early, it was really nice to get some sight seeing done, and I would've hated to have had to rush around and not take things in.

That's it for this post, the next post will be about the Synchronised Swimming that I saw later in the day, and of course there'll be a ton of photos.

Cheerio for now,

Heather. :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment