Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Vintage Vault - Rimmel - Amazon

So, who doesn't like a sexy green polish? Today I have a pretty nice one, it's Rimmels Amazon, it's one of their old Lasting Finish range. I wish I knew when this is from, I hate not knowing the age of polishes, but there's not much info about old polish out there, thank goodness for all the vintage polish bloggers out there that have put so much work into researching old collections.

So, on to the polish, Amazon is one of those polishes that changes depending on the lighting conditions, it's a blue toned green, with beautiful shimmer that is mostly green but it does have a slight blue duochrome at certain angles. Polishes like this are the reason I love vintage polish, polish was just so much more funky in the 90's and early 2000's.

I took way too many photos of this baby, I wanted to capture how good this is, so sorry about the amount of photos there are for you to check out! :-)













See, I told you I took too many photos, but I really wanted to show how it changes, I love how it looks when the shimmer hides, this is such a cool green.

I used 3 thickish coats, it dragged at my cuticles, so I ended up doing 3 coats, if it hadn't dragged 2 would've been fine. It dries darker than bottle colour, but hey, who's complaining about that when it still looks sexy?

UK Rimmel bottles from this era are usually 8ml, my bottle of Amazon is 12ml, so I'm guessing it's a US bottle. I'm not sure how easy it'd be to find a bottle of this, but it's worth hunting down if you're a fan of greens.

Right that's me done, it feels good to finally get a swatch post on my blog, I hope it was worth the wait.

Cheerio for now,

Heather. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment