Friday, June 22, 2012

Vintage Vault - Revlon Crystalline Virtual Violet

I thought we'd have a random vintage Revlon today, I've had this for a year and have never worn it, so when I was looking for something interesting to swatch this caught my eye, I thought it was time to see what it was like.

Revlon Virtual Violet Nail Polish

 Revlon Virtual Violet is a extremely pale silvered  lilac, I got it because I liked the name, but I've never worn it because it looked like it would be quite a sheer polish, and I'm not too mad about seeing my nails through my polish, let's just say I'm now regreting not putting this on my nails sooner.

I used three coats in the photos, the light wasn't great when I took them so it was difficult to show this polish at it's best, I'm begining to really curse the fact that no light comes directly into my house.

Anyway, first coat and I was not in love with this polish at all, it was thin and streaky, and looked like there was no chance it would be opaque, but after two (slighty thick coats) it turned into quite a beauty. I haven't had many polishes that have surprised me, but this one did, I've still got it on my nails as I didn't want to take it off.
 
Revlon Virtual Violet Nail Polish Swatch
Revlon Virtual Violet - Photo taken indoors
Revlon Virtual Violet Nail Polish Swatch
Revlon Virtual Violet - Photo taken indoors
Revlon Virtual Violet Nail Polish Swatch
Revlon Virtual Violet - Photo taken in bright light
On the nail it's a silvery pale lilac, so pale that in daylight it look like a dirty silver, now the sun's gone down and the lights are on it's much more lilac. What's really cute about this polish is the hidden pinky lilac shimmer that only shows up in certain lights and angles, I love polishes that have a hidden shimmer that only shows every now and then, they just have more to them and seem special. When you do see the hidden shimmer it almost looks like I've painted my nails with one colour and I've painted this subtle shimmer on top.

As with most of my old (and new) Revlons the formula's watery, but still easy enough to work with, the drying time was long though, I didn't use a fast dry top coat, and I think it could do with one, it also bubbled on me, probably my own fault though for painting it on too thick.

I think I'll have to get out more of my old Revlons to swatch, I've got some real beauties that I should really make use of.

Cheerio for now,

Heather. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment