Sunday, February 12, 2012

Nail Polish Review - Maybelline's Khaki Green

Hey, I hope everyone's having a lovely day. I'm pretty happy, I've been watching the Sparrows hopping around my garden eating the food I've put out for them, they're so cute and they always make me smile.

Anyway, today I'm going to tell you about my experience with Maybelline's Khaki Green. It's one of those 40 second ones, and it's the first time I've used one.

Maybelline - Khaki Green
I got this colour as there was an offer to buy three for two. I got this one because it's not the type of colour I'd normally try, but I'm really glad I gave it a go as I think the colour is really nice and not how I thought it would look at all.

The colour is a light khaki/olive green, It's kind of metallic and the colour changes depending on the light, it's goes from light to dark green.

Maybelline's Khaki Green in natural light (Please excuse the bad paint job, I'm still learning!)
Application was a bit of a nightmare, it's the first time I've used such a quick drying polish and I found it a bit tricky to use at first, as I was putting on my first coat on a nail I found that it was drying before I'd even finished painting one nail, so I went a bit streaky, for the second coat I tried to put a thicker coat on to stop it setting so quick, it kinda worked, the polish levelled out really well, but it did bubble on a few nails. After two coats I left it to dry, I had stuff to do and figured I didn't want to dent wet nails, I thought I'd do a third coat and top coat the next day. Well, the next day I woke up and checked out my nails, and decided I'd leave the two coats as they were, I didn't even put on top coat, and I tell you what, it didn't need it. I'm really tough on my nails and usually have tip wear after half a day, but this stuff is amazing I only just got tip wear after two days, I'm really impressed with this stuff, so much so that I'll forgive how horrid it was to apply. The photo below was taken after six days, and it had only just started to chip, pretty impressive stuff don't you think.

Maybelline - Khaki Green indoor lighting
So to sum it up, Maybelline Khaki Green is a lovely green, which can be a nightmare to apply if you're not used to quick drying polish, but is worth it as you don't need a top coat and it wears really well.

Khaki Green is in currently available to buy for around £4 at Boot's, Superdrugs and at Supermarkets that stock Maybelline.

Now I have to ask, is there a special technique for applying fast dry polish or is it just practice makes perfect as I'd love to be able to do this colour justice.

Cheerio for now,

Heather.

No comments:

Post a Comment