Sunday, March 18, 2012

Accessorize - Pink Spice Duochrome - Nail Polish Review

Hey guys, 

I hope you're enjoying your weekend so far, Mine's been cool, I've been watching Formula 1, it's the first race of the season and it looks like my favorite team might do a lot better than they did last year, I love Williams by the way, just in case you're interested.

Anyway, todays a nail post, I'm a bit behind with my posts, this nail polish is what I was wearing just over a week ago.

Say hello to a very beautiful duochrome.

Accessorize - Pink Spice
It's not the greatest bottle shot I'm afraid, the light in my house is dreadful and it's hard to find good light to take photos with.
 
Accessorize Pink Spice is a pink to orange duochrome, and is from Accessorize's Illusion collection. It's a glitter based polish and is wonderful and bright. I've had this for a while now, I got all the Accessorize duochromes in one go last year when I first started collecting nail polish, but because it was pink I put off wearing it, well that was a bit silly of me as I really like this polish and I couldn't stop looking at my nails.


Accessorize Pink Spice - Showing a darker pink (in shade)
Accessorize  Pink Spice - Showing pinky orange (in shade)
Accessorize Pink Spice - Showing orange (in shade)
Sorry the photos aren't better, they're the best I could manage, the polish is a lot brighter in real life.
The photos were taken after the polish had been on my nails for 6 days, so there's some tip wear, but I was really pleased with how well this lasted, and it didn't chip at all.

As much as I liked how this looked after it had dried, I really hated putting it on, it was streaky and I hated using it, it seemed to dry as soon as it hit my nail with made it hard to get a nice even finish, you can see on my little finger where it's all lumpy, but I'll forgive it as it's just so pretty, and I probably just to need to practice painting my nails more.

So to round it up, it's a pain to apply but it's worth the hassle as it lasts really well and the colour really is lovely. There are dupes out there for this, but none on the high street that I know of. You can get this polish and the rest of the range from superdrug and direct from Accessorise, and it costs £4.00.

Cheerio for now.

Heather.

No comments:

Post a Comment