Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Revlon Radiant & China Glaze Lorelei's Tiara - Nail Polish Review

I thought I'd have some bling on my nails so I decided some glitter was in order.

The polishes I picked were Revlon's Radiant and China Glaze's Lorelei's Tiara. I love Revlon and was really happy to see that some of the US range had made it's way to the UK and Radiant was one of them. My bottle of Radiant is from the US, and I think it the glitter is slightly different to the UK version, the UK glitter seems slightly curved where as the US glitter is flat, the colours the same, so the only difference between the two should be the UK needing extra top coat to smooth it out.

Revlon Radiant & China Glaze Lorelei's Tiara Bottles
I thought these two would look good together both have blue and silver in them, I hadn't done an accent nail before but I thought it looked really cool, although my boyfriend wasn't impressed by it!


Close up of Revlon Radiant
Revlon's Radiant is a clear base with small blue glitter, mixed with blue, green and silver large hex glitter. One coat leaves a nice amount of glitter and would be lovely layered over black or a dark blue. Three to fours coats will be needed for it to be opaque.

Close up of China Glaze Lorelei's Tiara
Lorelei's Tiara has a dense silver micro glitter base with small blue glitter mixed in. From a distance it looks silver with a blue hint, thanks to the blue glitter, up close it's lovely and really delicate.

Revlon Radiant & China Glaze Lorelei's Tiara

I used three thick coats of Radiant, I wanted it to be opaque and I put it on too thick so it took a while to dry, and I smudged it before it dried, next time I'll put thinner coats on, lesson learned!
I love both of these polishes, Radiant is so bright and sparkly, and I think the green glitter makes it really special. Lorelei's Tiara was a joy to use, it went on easy and dried really quick. Both wore well and lasted 5 days without chips and hardly any tip wear.

So would I recommend these polishes, hell yes, they're both beautiful and well worth every penny.

Have you picked up any of the new Revlons yet? Let me know what you think of the new colours.

Cheerio for now,

Heather.


No comments:

Post a Comment