Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - Delphinium

Just a quick note - I've had the images from these posts stolen and used by sellers on ebay without my permission so I've been forced to put my blog address over them, sorry about that. :-(

Today's polish is Sally Hansen's Delphinium and it's the last of my Complete Manicur posts. Again, this is a polish I've got just to try as it's not the type of colour I'd normally go for, I think in my collection the finish I've got least of is cremes, so it's nice to have something a little different on my nails.
 

Delphinium is a grey toned lilac creme, just like the other Sally Hansens I've swatched this week it was a breeze to apply, the polish is creamy in texture, I wish all polish was like it, as it made it really easy to control. I didn't think I'd be all that bothered about this colour, but I really fell in love with it, it's really pretty, and it's rather classy looking.

To make it look a bit less classy I added some glitter.
Maybelline Icy Mauve on top of Sally Hansen Delphinium
And then I added some more....
Maybelline Icy Pink & Icy Mauve on top of Sally Hansen Delphimium
And then to top it off I added a matte top coat!
Claire's Matte topcoat on top = lots of layers of nail polish!
I think I managed to do a layering combo that was still quite classy, it's certainly pretty and I plan to wear this as a full mani at some point.
 
The Maybellines are lovely glitters, Icy Mauve is like Maybelline's Cosmic, but has green / yellow duochrome glitter mixed in with the iridescent blue glitter. Icy Pink is one of my favourite glitters, it's got two types of duochrome glitter, one is orange to yellow and the other is yellow to green, it's so pretty and I've not Seen anything else like it.

This is the first time I've used a a matte topcoat over glitter, I've seen it on blogs and I was excited to try it, it really does give you a new look to glitter, and I'll be trying it again soon.

This is the last post about the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure polishes that I picked up the other week, out of the five I loved four of them, and I was happy with how they applied, and if I see more colours in the range cheap I'll be trying them.

I hope you've enjoyed this series of posts, and I'd love to know what you think of the range and if there's any shades you'd recommend.

Cheerio for now,

Heather.


No comments:

Post a Comment