Saturday, December 15, 2012

BYS - Diamond Collection - Crystal

I've decided to get all festive and have posts featuring polishes that make me feel Christmasy (is Christmasy even a real word?). Now of course Christmas means glitter, so expect lots of it in my posts from now until New Year. :-)

My first polish is from BYS's Diamond Collection and it's called Crystal, it reminds me of fairy lights twinkling away on a Christams tree. It's a cheap market find (£1.20), but I do believe that it should be easy to find for some of you where BYS is sold.

Crystal is a clear base with a mix of two sized of holographic glitter, small and really small, and it really twinkles. There's just something about holographic polish and glitter that I love, I'm like a magpie with the stuff, I think I just love having a rainbow on my nails.

This polish is so pretty I took way too many photos, but I needed to show you the lovely holo glitter, get ready for some photo spam...

BYS Crystal Nail Polish Swatch

BYS Crystal Nail Polish Swatch
BYS Crystal Nail Polish Swatch

BYS Crystal Nail Polish Swatch

BYS Crystal Nail Polish Swatch

BYS Crystal Nail Polish Swatch

BYS Crystal Nail Polish Swatch

I'm afraid the photos were taken in different lighting conditions and I haven't a clue which was which anymore, but I made sure there were some blurry shots to show off the holo.  I also tried my hand at some Macro shots, and here they are..


BYS Crystal Nail Polish Swatch
BYS Crystal layered over black
BYS Crystal Nail Polish Swatch
Close up of BYS Crystal in the bottle
Now for the serious bit, I did coats of Revlon Black Star, with one coat of BYS Crystal on top. Crystal was really easy to work with and I like the amount of glitter it has in it, it's enough that you could probably get it opaque with three coats, but with one it lets the colour underneath show through. I can't say how quickly this dried as I put another polish on top not long after I took these photos, but being cheap it probably has a long drying time, but with a polish this pretty and cheap, it's worth the wait.

Do you have any favorite holo glitters you'll be getting out for the christmas season, and will you be popping Crystal on your nails if you own it?

Cheerio for now,

Heather. :-)

1 comment: