Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Vintage Vault - Sally Hansen - Festive

Today it's a Christmas polish from the Vintage Vault, it's time for a Sally Hansen Christmas polish called Festive to come out to play. I saw this swatched over at a great blog (which you should check out if you don't follow it already) called The Scholarly Nail not long ago, Jacqui put it over black and it looked great, I really wanted to swatch this myself, and probably would've gone for black as well, but I couldn't improve on Jacqui's swatches so I thought I'd offer something a little different using the same polish instead.

This is one coat of Festive over white.

Sally Hansen Festive nail polish swatch

Sally Hansen Festive nail polish swatch


Sally Hansen Festive nail polish swatch

Sally Hansen Festive nail polish swatch

My photos aren't a patch on Jacqui's, but I'm still working on my photography skills, taking photos of your fingers isn't as easy as it looks! Festive is a mix of red and green bar glitter and small square glitter. I think Festive looks great over white, and it looked much better in real life than it does in my photos, the glitter really caught the light, and this polish felt very festive indeed. To finish off here's some macro shots of Festive on the nail and in the bottle.

Sally Hansen Festive nail polish close up

Sally Hansen Festive nail polish close up

Don't you just love these old Sally Hansens, the cool glitter, the matching handles, what's not to love?

Cheerio for now,

Heather. :-)

1 comment: