Thursday, December 20, 2012

Revlon - Dripping Rubies

Todays Christmas polish is Revlon's Dripping Rubies, it's a beautiful festive red, and this is probably the classiest polish I'll have on my nails over the holiday period.

Dripping Rubies is a stunning blood red jelly packed with microglitter. I think this might be my favorite red polish, it's such a good red, from some angles it looks like it's a deep but bright red jelly, but when you turn your hand the light catches the microglitter and it sparkles, it's quite a chameleon like it's two polishes in one, I have to admit I did go around waving my hands under lights just to see the sparkle.

My photos do not do this polish justice, it was cloudy and I seem to be rubbish at capturing sparkle in photos, but I tried and underneath are my my best efforts to show you how beautiful this polish is.

Revlon Dripping rubies nail polish swatch


Revlon Dripping rubies nail polish swatch

Revlon Dripping rubies nail polish swatch

I'm sorry the glitter doesn't show up very well, but you can see it in the bottle. This was three coats and it dried pretty quick, it does dry a little dull so top coat is a must with this one. I don't know when this came out, it says limited edition on the top, but I can't find any info about it anywhere so it's probably a few years old, I'd love to know which collection this was from.

Last christmas my boyfriend got me a few crackle polishes as a stocking filler as I didn't have many, and after having Dripping Rubies on for a day I decided to use one of the crackles. Naturally I picked gold to go over red, and I was quite happy with how it turned out The crackle polish is a La Femme and it's really gloopy, but I really liked the colour and it crackled well, the only downside was that where I'd put it on a bit thick it wrinkled which ruined it a bit, but luckily you'd only see it if it caught the light. I'll certainly use it again, I'll just use a thinner coat next time.


So that's it for today, I'll be back soon enough with another christmas polish for you.

Cheerio for now,

Heather. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Revlon makes some of the most amazing reds that I own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so many beautiful red's by Revlon, I've got a few on my wishlist. :-)

      Delete
  2. This is an amazing red that I have to add to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely isn't it, if I see one around I'll let you know. :-)

      Delete