Monday, December 31, 2012

Vintage Vault - Sally Hansen - Twinkle

I'm back after all the christmas fun, I had a lovely christmas, I had plenty of good food, and lots of lovely presents, my boyfriend amazed me by getting me a boxset by my favorite band James with a signed print, I'd ordered one myself, but had to cancel it as money was tight and I wanted to spend it on presents for him and my family instead, I couldn't believe it when I unwrapped it, and was so excited that he'd somehow managed to get a signed print, I can't wait to frame it and put it on my wall. I hope you all had a great christmas too with your family and friends.

Right, enough waffling, onto the polish, I've been waiting for the perfect time to wear todays polish and Christmas time and new year is it, especially as todays polish is a vintage Sally Hansen Christmas polish. :-)

I picked up Twinkle in a joblot from ebay (I posted about it here), out of all of the polishes in the lot it was the one I was most excited about getting as it's so pretty. Twinkle is a clear base (although mine's a little milky) with the most amazing irridescent and multichrome bar glitter that flashes gold, green, blue and purple, it's also got small glitter that flashes gold. This polish really is the bee's knee's.

Sally Hansen Hard as nails with nylon Twinkle swatch


 Sally Hansen Hard as nails with nylon Twinkle swatch


Sally Hansen Hard as nails with nylon Twinkle swatch


Sally Hansen Hard as nails with nylon Twinkle swatch


Sally Hansen Hard as nails with nylon Twinkle swatch
Okay, so I took way too many photos but I really wanted to show the different colours of the bar glitter, and this polish is so awesome it deserves plenty of photos. I've got close ups below of Twinkle on the nail over black and in the bottle, just in case you haven't had enough of it.

close up of Sally Hansen Hard as nails with nylon Twinkle swatch


Close up of Sally Hansen Hard as nails with nylon Twinkle Bottle

I used two coats of Revlon Black Star, with one coat of Twinkle on top, I loved this on my nails, it's probably my favorite bar glitter of all time and is in my top 10 glitter polishes. If you see this for sale grab it, it's such a cool polish and you're bound to love it as much as I do.

This is my last post of 2012, I should've done something special, like a round up of my favs from this year, but that's not gonna happen now as it's a bit late. This year has been a funny one for me, but starting my blog has been one of the highlights, it's kept me sane, and I've met some really lovely people and I'm hoping that 2013 brings more adventures and more new friends. So I'm raising a glass to say goodbye to 2012, and I'm wishing you all a happy new year, here's to 2013, let's make it a good one. :-)

Cheerio for now,

Heather. :-) 

1 comment: